The application deadline for study starting in Fall 2024 is January 15, 2024. GRE is not required.
To be fully considered for admission and financial support, applicants need to complete their application by the deadline of 5:00pm PST on January 15, 2024 for Fall 2024 admissions. A completed application is required (letters of recommendations and transcripts, TOEFL/IELTS scores if applicable) and must be received by the application deadline. Subsequent to the priority deadline, applications, fees and materials may be submitted until January 31.
The Networked Systems Program grants a M.S. in Networked Systems and a Ph.D. in Networked Systems. Applicants must apply directly to the Networked Systems Program.
Applicants to the Networked Systems Program are expected to hold a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering. Those who have a bachelors degree in another field may be required to take supplementary coursework to demonstrate sufficient background in the field.
Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their prior academic
record and their potential for creative research and teaching, as
demonstrated in submitted application materials. These materials include university transcripts, letters of recommendation,
a Statement of Purpose, and a Personal History Statement.
Instructions for applying to the Networked Systems Program:
- Go to the UCI Online Application for UCI Graduate Admissions webpage, and click on "Create an account". Make sure to enter your correct email address, since this will be our primary method of contacting you with additional information during the review process.
- Click on "Start New Application".
- If you will not have a M.S. degree before entering the Program, and wish to pursue both a M.S. and Ph.D. in Networked Systems, then select "Networked Systems" and "Doctoral Degree" and "2023 Application Cycle".
- If you will not have a M.S. degree before entering the Program, and wish to pursue only a M.S. in Networked Systems, then select "Networked Systems" and "M.S. Degree" and "2023 Application Cycle".
- If you will have a M.S. degree before entering the Program, and wish to pursue a Ph.D. in Networked Systems, then select "Networked Systems" and "Doctoral Degree" and "2023 Application Cycle".
- The online application system only accepts applications for students intending to start their studies in Fall quarter. We accept applications for students intending to start their studies in Winter or Spring quarters only in exceptional and pre-arranged situtations.
- Under "Academic Program", select "Networked Systems". Please also select your primary area of interest. We use this area of interest to direct your application to the relevant Networked Systems faculty.
- Under "Academic History", please try to find the names of the university or universities that you previously attended in the built-in list, using any variation of the name of the institution. This helps us correctly identify the university.
- Under "Transcript Upload", please upload scanned copies of transcripts of all university work. Please upload both the front and back sides of the transcript. Uploaded transcripts should be recent and include your name, degree program, dates of attendance, grades or marks received, credits, and possibly a grading legend.
- UCI reserves the right to require official transcripts at any time during the admission process, and rescind any offer of admission made if discrepancies between uploaded and official transcript(s) are found. Official transcripts will be requested if and when you are admitted and decide to attend UCI. Do not send official transcripts until this time, unless you are requested to do so.
- In order to demonstrate proficiency in the English language, international applicants are also required to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. This requirement does not apply to applicants who completed all requirements for a B.S. or M.S. degree in the United States. A student may receive a waiver for admissions purposes only if they completed all the requirements for their high school diploma, bachelor’s degree, or an advanced degree in a country where the primary and/or dominant language is English and English was the language of instruction of the school where the requirements were completed. Please enter your TOEFL or IELTS score under "Test Scores". Please also arrange to have your official TOEFL test score sent to UC Irvine using institutional code 4859, or arrange to have your official IELTS score sent to UC Irvine using the IELTS system.
- Please write a Statement of Purpose, and upload under "Statement of Purpose". Please also write a Personal History Statement, and upload under "Personal History Statement". The Personal History Statement is expected to focus on your personal background while the Statement of Purpose is expected to focus on your academic/research background and interests.
- We require a minimum of three letters of recommendation. Please enter contact information for your recommenders under "Letters of Recommendation". The system will email the recommenders and request that they upload the letters directly to the system.
- Make sure to complete the application under "Review and Submit". The Networked Systems Program will not receive your application until this step is completed and the application fee is paid.
- You may check the status of your application using UCI Online Application for UCI Graduate Admissions webpage. Admission decisions are ongoing from February through May. Decisions will be sent via email and will be available in the UCI Online Application for UCI Graduate Admissions webpage.
If you are admitted to the Networked Systems program:
- If we are offering a fellowship, teaching assistantship, and/or research assistantship, the details will be included in your admission letter.
- Please fill out a Statement of Intent to Register (SIR) to let us know whether you accept the admission offer. You will receive a link to the Statement of Intent to Register in the admission letter.
- Please fill out a Statement of Legal Residence (SLR). You will receive a link to the Statement of Legal Residence (SLR) after you submit your Statement of Internet to Register.
- If you are admitted to the Networked Systems Ph.D. program, then you may be eligible for a guaranteed offer of on-campus housing. If you are admitted to the Networked Systems program, then you might be eligible to be placed on the housing waitlist. Please refer to the Graduate & Family Housing website, and note the May 1 deadline.
- You will be able to enroll in courses in mid-June.
- Please send your official transcripts when they are requested.
Additional information about the application process can be found on the UCI Graduate Division website.
Questions about application to the Networked Systems program may be directed to Amy Pham at email@example.com or 949-824-5489. Questions about the Networked Systems program may be directed to the Networked Systems Director, Professor MArco Levorato.